Sunday, August 14, 2016



I spent Memorial Day in Orange Beach, Alabama this year. This was the fourth time we rented a condo or house through either Homeaway.com or Airbnb.  I find these services very useful for busy locations when hotels can be crowded and pricey. I have found the rentals, clean, accessible and of good value. It also affords me the ability to cook which can save money when traveling. It is also nice for each traveler to have their own bedroom which affords each person a bit more privacy than when staying in a standard hotel room. 



We stayed in a 3rd floor condo in Orange Beach, near Adventure Island and Bubba’s Seafood House just off Perdido Beach Blvd.. We had easy beach access just across the highway. It was a small condo complex of 16 units. The only trouble was walking the stairs after a long day out.  The beaches were not overly crowded nor where the restaurants we visited during the weekend. 

We did have a fun time at the glass blowing class which we took at the Gulf Shores Arts Center. It was a very hot day and I don’t know how the instructors get used to the heat of the furnaces but it was great fun watching and getting to create an original piece with the assistance of the instructor. There were several other participants in the class the day, we attended but it is something that I would recommend anyone do if in the area. 








 Glass in the Furnace

Making a glass bubble
 

Orange Beach is a lovely piece of the Alabama coast. It is home to the Florabama club, a destination in itself for the mullet toss. The sunsets are beautiful and the water warm. If you have the opportunity to come to the beach, come on down, the water’s fine.  




No comments:

Post a Comment